One of the most fun ways to present information is using the website www.blabbebrize.com.

Blabberize takes a photograph, adds a mouth, allows you to record your voice to add to the picture, then show off your creation. You can also search the site for others work that may be applicable to your student’s learning.

SO how and why should you use this site in your classroom?

WHY: It is a simple and funny way for kids to be introduced to a topic of learning. It will attract students interest and keep them motivated to do the work necessary to make their own. It is simple enough for students to create on their own starting about 2nd grade. Earlier ages will need a little help in creation, but will be able to plan and take part in the creation.

HOW: Students who are reading nonfiction and creating a report on their information can use Blabberize to make the report, rather than make a poster or PowerPoint. Blabberize is a great tool for reporting on biographical information. Students each take a President and research their lives and work. Then they use a picture of the President, add the mouth, and have the President give their own life story. This helps students understand point of view and pronouns.Next week in my class we will be studying the French and Indian War, specifically Pontiac’s Rebellion. Students will select one painting of Pontiac and write a speech showing what they think Pontiac would say in a speech to his people during this time frame. Then we will Blabberize the picture.

As with all technology projects, I suggest you find a way to integrate the technology into your lessons, rather than as a separate, stand alone project. I also suggest before you use Blabberize you give students a planning sheet that includes information on the picture, speech, and their purpose. I have also create a step-by-step instruction sheet for teachers. You can also use it with your students.

As always I ask that you leave a comment with an idea for how you can use Blabberize in your classroom!

For the video that shows how to create a blabberize, click here.