My Simple Show
I was at a training a few weeks ago and saw an awesome, amazing tool that teachers and students can use to create presentations. So what was this amazing tool? MySimpleShow! I immediately started to play with the tool and made a video about Student Centered Learning. It was so simple and easy, I decided to use it with my 5th grade students as an end of unit assessment on digital safety. Their assignment was to create a show to teach their parents about internet safety. To ensure students were working safely, I created an account and had all of the students use the same account. Here is one example of my students’ work. I also found this example on YouTube that shows an example from older students.
Here is a quick tutorial I found online.
So let’s break it down by steps.
- Log in to www.mysimpleshow.com
- Click create new movie
- Your options are to import a PPT file or write a script
- We chose to write a script
- There are multiple themes you can chose between business, education, or personal
- We chose a blank template
- Type your script using the template provided
- Click cho0se visuals
- You can only have 7 visuals per slide
- The words that are underlined have pictures available
- If you do not want a certain word included, click the word and click the X above the word
- To select a picture click the word, pictures will automatically show
- To look for more pictures, click on the word, then click on the search bar and type in a word to look for
- Click choose audio
- You can select a voice provided or record your own voice
- You can select subtitles on or off
- Click finalize video
- The link to share the video is the URL at the top.