I found an APP for making postcards a few months ago and wanted to share it with you. This is a simple, fun APP that allows you to create a postcard using a template. Users can add a “stamp” for location, add a picture, and add text all very simply. That is one of the reasons I love and recommend this APP is the simple intuitive-ness of it!
They also have a website with directions and information.
Here is their video:
Here are the directions (and if you want a hard copy to share with kids click here):
- Open the APP
- Select the postcard you want to use
- Touch the + in the upper right corner
- Get Automatically
- Touch the + in the left middle
- Touch the camera
- Take a picture of the book
- Use photo or retake
- Touch the + on the right side
- Type your message
- Touch Done
- You can adjust font, size beside the text area
- + larger
- – smaller
- Font to change the look
- Col to change the color
- Scribble allows you to write with finger.
- Share – Save Image saves it to the iPad
So how could you use this in the classroom?
One of my third grade classes just used it to create postcards about their book Charlotte’s Web. They wrote to a character and made a self to text comparison. Beautiful work!
Other uses could be postcards from historical time periods, letters to parents, field trip reports, pen pal letters, and oh so much more.
Have other ideas of how you could use Snap n Write? Leave them in the comment section!