thinglink

Web-based and APP-based Thinglink is a cool tech tool that allows users to create a presentation with pictures, videos (self-made or youtube based), and text. It is an easy to learn tool and I can see lots of uses in the classroom. The hardest thing about it is saying and typing the name.

I found this thinglink about thinglink herethinglink2

How To

1. Create an account (the APP will take you through a how to and give you examples to see).

2. At the top of the page click the plus sign.

3. Decide where your picture is and upload it to the site. You now have a background for your interactive poster.

4. Click anywhere on the image to tag and begin adding content. You can add text, videos, or pictures. In the web version, you have to add links to pictures whereas on the APP I could add the pictures…something to think about.

5. When you finish, save your work (you can always go back and edit later.)

6. Share your work through social media,email, or with a link.

Want to see my Thinglink I made about my most wonderful, awesome, and supportive mom?

So how to use this tool in the classroom…

Social Studies- upload a map of an important place in history and students add links to photos, videos, and add text to explain what happened there and describe the importance.

Math- upload a set a numbers then have students link text, photos, or videos of them using those numbers in a math problem.

Science- have students explain what they have learned about life cycles or habitats through thinglink.

Reading- upload a photo of a word, like character, plot, theme, etc. Students can add the information from their personal books to a class thinglink.

Hebrew/foreign language- students can upload videos of them using specific words in conversation or create a verb conjugation thinglink.

The options are only limited by you. Give this tool to students at the beginning of the year and have them make an all about me to introduce themselves to the class. One teacher in my school is using thinglink as a review for midterm exams…so many options so little time!

Have another idea or a tool that can do awesome stuff and want to share? Please leave it in the comments section!