We had an amazing time in our Girls Building S.T.E.A.M. Maker Class this week. The girls were provided with many new and used items and encouraged to create something new. Items on the maker table included art supplies, slinkies, a teapot, toy cars, alarms, tools, and much more. Final products included sukkah decorations, an animal observation tool, an alarm, and other amazing stuff. Many thanks to Doug Sands for helping us figure out our stuff!
For more information google Maker or Makerfaire. There are groups in local communities that do Maker activities. I found Makers Square in Fort Lauderdale area that does classes during the week to encourage Makers of all ages. MakerFaire is another organization that helps individuals, groups, and schools explore Maker. Finally, this article from Time talks about the importance of Maker.
Here are some pictures and student reactions:
 We took apart toys and household things, like a teapot, and made new things like a bug magnifying teapot. I also figured out how to use a door and window alarm. I took apart a car, too. Malvina
I made a calcutimer3000 using a timer and a calculator and tape. It was very fun. Rachel 

I made a light up decoration for my sukkah. Ariella
IMG_1741 IMG_1745 IMG_1757 IMG_1758 IMG_1761IMG_1763 IMG_1764